It allows to create a Buffer around an object of any kind, being the result a polygon.
Select the Buffer tool from the drawing tools.
- Offset and Units of measurement: enter the distance between the original object and the new one.
- Target layer: layer where the new objects will be created. You can choose an existing layer, or create a new layer.
- Overlap polygons: the wizard will save the object in the target layer, without modifying the reference object.
- Eliminate previous: the wizard will delete the reference object.
- Subtract previous: the wizard will subtract from the new object the selected reference polygon.