Import shapefile in 360
The Import shapefile tool, found in the Editing menu, imports a shapefile of your farm into the Farm360 editing window. This shapefile can be created either using GeoAgro GIS, or any other GIS software.
Choosing the Import shapefile tool will open the window below:
You may follow these steps to import a shapefile into Farm360:
1. In the Layer combo list, choose the destination layer for your import.
2. If the shapefile was created using any software that's not GeoAgro GIS', you will have to use the "Name" attribute (optional) field to enter the name of the shapefile column containing the name of the farm. If the shapefile was created using GeoAgro GIS, you may leave this field blank; the Farm services center will automatically assign the farm name.
3. Go to the File .shp section and click on the Choose file button, then browse to your .shp file
4. Go to the File .shx section and click on the Choose file button, then browse to your .shx file
5. Go to the File .dbf section and click on the Choose file button, then browse to your .dbf file
6. Go to the File .prj section and click on the Choose file button, then browse to your .prj file. If your shapefile is in Geographic coordinates, reference coordinate system WGS 84, this file may be omitted. Otherwise, or if you're not sure your shapefile is in WGS84, make sure this file is selected.
7. Finally, click in the UPLOAD button to begin uploading your shapefile