Layers Status (invisible, visible, active)
The layers included in GeoAgro GIS could be in one of three possible status:
1) Invisible: When the eye icon which is located to the left of the layer name is in gray, the layer is not shown on the Working Window.
2) Visible: When the eye icon which is located to the left of the layer name is in color, the layer is visible and you can visualize it on the Working Window.
There are two ways to make a layer visible:
- Double-click on the layer: besides changing the status to visible, the system will zoom out to the entire layer area.
- Click on the eye icon and checking the option located in the visualization bar.
3) Active: You can visualize various layers simultaneously, but operations (such as selecting objects, query data, drawing, etc.) can be only performed on one layer at a time. That layer is called Active Layer, and appears in the References Panel marked in green.
To make a layer active, you need just to click on it.
If you double-click, the layer will be also visible and it will zoom to its extent.