Not exporting to GPS
The GPS module in GeoAgro GIS enables you to upload points developed in the GIS module to your GPS device. It currently supports devices from Garmin, Magellan and any GPS that supports transmission via the NMEA protocol.
If your GPS is not a Garmin or a Magellan, check in your device manual if transmission via NMEA is available, and how to enable it. Please, enable it and try again.
If it still doesn't work, follow the steps below to export your points from the GIS module without using the GPS module.
Export your GPS points to a shapefile
- Click on the "Tools to export data" menu to open it; click on the "Export Layers" tool.
- In the "Export Layers" window, the upper panel will show you the layers available for export. Select the layer containing your GPS points.
- In the lower panel, click the highlighted checkbox to select all of the fields.
- Click on "Accept" and select a folder to save the shapefile. It will have the same name as the layer it was exported from.
Import your shapefile to your GPS using the alternative tool: GPS Utility
Download and setup GPS Utility
- Go to the GPS Utility Download page and download the "Self Install Exe file"
- Open the file to install the software.
- Start GPS Utility by clicking on the link in the start menu.
- Connect your GPS device to your computer.
- In the "GPS" menu, click on "Setup".
- The "Interface Setup" window will pop up. Click the "GPS make/interface mode" drop down menu and select your GPS device. Click on "OK".
- Go to the "GPS" menu and click on "Connect". A message will appear in the lower part of the window.
Upload your points to your GPS device using GPS Utility
- Go to the "File" menu and click on "Open"
- Browse to the export file you exported from GeoAgro GIS and open it.
- In the Field Dialog, select the field you want to use to label your GPS points.
- Your GPS points will show up in the window. Click on the "Upload all" button to upload.
- Click on "OK" to confirm.