Restore backup (Restore)
2. Click on Browse. A window will pop up for you to search for the .lay file in your local disk. Once you find it, click on Open.
3. All the layers contained in the .lay file will be listed.
Select the layers you want to add to the current project by clicking on the checkboxes on the right.
If you want to select all the layers, click on the checkbox at the top.
If any of those restored layer has the same name as other layer in the project, the system will automatically add a number at the end of its name. First, “0” will be added, then “1” and so on.
4. Click on Restore. The restoring process will start. During this, GeoAgro GIS will automatically compare the structures of the imported layers with the ones predefined by the system.
When this process finishes, the following window will be shown:
Layer: Name of all the restored layers.
Structures: Name of the structures that belong to each restored layer.
Assign to the structure: Name of the GeoAgro GIS structure that was automatically assigned as it is exactly the same as the restored layer structure.
Structure to be added: Name of the structure of the layer to be restored which is different to the GeoAgro GIS predefined structure, and because of that it should be added.
Information: Comments and conclusions about structures automatic validation process.
5. If in the Information column you see “Structure found” for all the layers, click on Accept. The layers will be restored to the current project and added to the References Panel.
If you are adding layers which belong to groups that do not exist in the current project, they will be also added to the References Panel.
6. If in any case the structures of the layers to be restored are different to the ones predefined by the system, you will have two possibilities:
a) Add the structure of the layer to be restored to the existing ones in GeoAgro GIS.
If the structure name is the same as other previously defined by GeoAgro GIS, the system will ask you to change the name.
Click on the cell from the Add Structure list and enter the new name for the structure .
b) Manually assign a predefined structure by GeoAgro GIS, doing this:
1- Select one of the structures from the drop-down list and then click on View Data Structure.
2- A window will pop up showing, at the top, the structure of the layer to be restored and, at the bottom, the structure predefined by the system for you to compare the fields and data types.
Remember that when you assign an existing structure, this must contain all the necessary attributes to fit with the one you are restoring, otherwise you will be likely to lose important information.
3- Once you check out all the not found structures, click on Accept and all the restored layers contained will be loaded into the References Panel.