How to do a screen capture
A screen capture or screenshot allows you to take a picture of your computer screen. It's useful to report errors, to provide an example of a particular situation, or to show the results of some practice from our online courses.
These are the steps for taking a screen capture:
- Open the application you want to show (GeoAgro GIS, Cplanner) and proceed with the operations that will take you to the screen you want to capture.
- In your keyboard, you'll see a button called either Print Screen or Prnt Scrn. Press it. In some computers it will require to be used in combination with other keys, e.g.: Alt-PrntScrn, or Fn-PrntScrn.
- Open the "Paint" application (Start Menu>Programs>Accessories>Paint), or other application that you may use for viewing/editing images
- Inside Paint, go to the "Edit" menu and select "Paste"
- Save your screen capture by going to the "File" menu and selecting "Save".
|Note:||It's recommendable to keep your file size small, by saving your file in .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .png format. If you use a .bmp format you'll likely have a large resulting file (e.g.: greater than 1mb)|