This tool allows customizing the maps presentation through a printing template, where the user can define different appearance options.
1. Click on the “Print” icon, the following window will appear. In the left side, complete the fields in order to set up the presentation:
- Title: Enter a phrase as a title.
- Comments: You can enter additional information here.
- Mini Map: Check this option if you want the mini map to appear.
- References: Check this option if you want the references to be visualized.
- Scale: Check this option to make the scale visible.
- Date: Check this option to make it visible, and enter the date.
- Specify the location of The Compass Rose (N/S, E/W) moving the green square to the desirable place.
The printing preview is updated immediately after you define any of the elements above.
2. Select the “Coordinates” option if you want to visualize the latitude and longitude in the nodes of any visible layers.
Firstly, you need to define the layer/s in which you want to view the coordinates.
Once you choose the layer/s, you will be able to preview the printing presentation.
3. Click on “Print” if the printing settings are ready, and immediately the file will be sent to the printer.
4. Select “Save” if you want to export the map as an image file. A window will come up, and you need to specify the name, location and extension (.jpg, .bmp, .png) of the file. Click on “Save”.
5. Close the printing template once you finish.