If you're learning how to use Software Tools, Information Services, or want to apply them in Site Specific Management, Conservation Planning, or other area of interest, these video tutorials are a good way to get started. They range from basic to more advanced topics, and are best watched in the order that they are listed.
Using these tutorials you can learn the tools at your own pace, using sample datasets for a hands-on experience:
The first steps....
- Download & install GeoAgro GIS
- Setting up a land/farm Project in your Area of Interest
- Moving around your map
- Working with Background imagery - WMS data sources
- Working with Background imagery - Commercial Services (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
Create land/farm layers
- Working with layers
- Digitizing fields
- Import land units/fields boundaries from the USDA NRCS
- Adding soil layers to your land/farm project
More tools for creating land/farm layers
- Drawing/Editing Tools Reference
- Digitizing, importing, or modifying land features -
- Defining buffers & setbacks
- Organizing your farm information - Organize your layers and define the data structures that best suit your needs
Creating maps and sharing your farm/land information
- Communicating with maps - use symbology and output custom maps.
- Sharing your farm information - Export/import in different formats, exchange layers or entire projects in single files
Using Remote Sensing Information