How to create a management zone layer in GeoAgro GIS
This guide will show you how to copy the polygons from the Productivity Map to a new Management zones layer. Later on, they will be grouped into a lesser number of classes (3 instead of 7) to create the Management zones map.
Creating the vector layer
To preserve the Productivity map layer, we will create a new Management zones layer and copy all data from the productivity map. This way we will be able to create the Management zones map without modifying the productivity map.
- Pick the Create vector layer tool from the Edition panel:
- A dialog will pop up. Choose Vector layer as shown in the image below, then click on Next to proceed.
- Fill in the creation form; make sure you pick Management zone in the Structure field as shown below; then click in Finish to complete the process.
- The reference panel will now show the layer you just created:
Copy your productivity map to a new layer
The newly created Management zones layer is now empty. You may now copy all items in the Productivity map layer to the new layer.
- Double click on the Productivity map layer to make it visible and active.
- Use the Rectangle Selection tool to select all items in the layer.
- Pick the Copy Object tool in the Edition panel.
- A window will pop up. Choose the recently created Management zones layer as destination, then click on Copy.
- The map will show all the items originally in the Productivity map, now copied to the Management zones layer.