Maps from your 360 and GeoAgro GIS projects can be downloaded to be navigated using Google Earth in your mobile devices (smartphones and tablets). You may use this for productivity maps, management zone maps, etc. The file format used will be .KMZ..KMZ files may be obtained from either 360 or GeoAgro GIS. The guides below will show you how to get them and then how to navigate them using your smartphone or tablet.
|| To access these datasets in your smartphone or tablet, you need:
- A Google account
- The Google Drive app installed in your Android device
- The Google Earth app installed in your android device
Downloading the maps
- In your PC, access 360 and download the .KML files you want to take to your mobile device
- Your browser will download a .zip file. Expand it.
- Open your web browser, then access Google Drive
- Go to your main Google Drive folder, then create a new folder and name it 360
- Access the 360 folder, then create a new folder with the name of your farm.
- Access the folder for your farm, then upload the KML files.
Access your maps from your mobile device
- From your mobile device, open the Drive app.
- Access the 360 folder; then the farm folder.
- Select the KML file, then open its properties.
- Enable the "Keep on device" option.
- Go back to the previous screen, then click on the KML file. Google Earth will open automatically, showing the map you chose.
|| Google Earth will ony show a single map each time. If you want to open another layer, bo back to step #3