How to set up your farm in 360
Before ordering a service in 360 you need to create both your farm and fields, as services are ordered for a particular field.
First, you need to create your farm. You may do it this way:
- Click on the Add farm button.
- In the Farm name field, enter the name of your farm.
- Enter the Season for the Farm and fields you will upload
- In the Unit menu, select the area unit you'd like to use (default value: Has)
- Click on the Create button to create your farm.
- You will then be taken to 360's Editing window. You may now enter farm and fields using any of these options:
- Draw it freehand
- Draw it using GPS coordinates of your farm endpoint, which will result in better georeferencing. See how to enter your farm and fields by uploading GPS coordinates
- Import your farm from a shapefile. See how to import farms and fields from a shapefile.
- Import your farm from a .KML/.KMZ. file.See how to import farms and fields from a KML/KMZ format
Things to consider
- To ensure proper georeferencing, you may also draw it in GeoAgro GIS, then export that layer to a shapefile or .kmz. file.
- If you're importing your file from a shapefile or kml/.kmz, we advise you to check the topology is OK; any geometry issues will result in 360 not accepting the upload.
- If you have completed entering your farm and fields, you need to save your changes to 360 using the Save tool.