It allows to associate data (such as images, documents, etc.) to objects from layers within a project.
To perform this association, please, follow the steps below:
1. Make active the layer that contains the object or objects that will be associated, by clicking on it.
2. Select the object or objects that you want to associate to the data, using the most convenient selection tool.
3. Click on the icon “Objects files”.
4. A window called “File Manager” will appear. There you will be able to choose the files to be associated, and to perform certain functions with them. These functions are described below:
Note: When you add files to be associated to layers objects, GeoAgro GIS creates a copy of them that will be located in an internal database, this means you will work with those copies instead of the original ones.
It allows to open the selected interaction file in edition mode; this means you will be allowed to make changes to it.
It allows to save the selected interaction file, which has been modified using the option “Edit files”.
It allows to add the files you want to associate to the layers objects.
It allows to add files that have been previously associated to other layers or layer objects in the current project. Remember that those files are located in an internal database of GeoAgro GIS.
It allows to delete the selected interaction file. Once deleted, the file will no longer be associated to the layer.
It allows to change the name of the selected interaction file.
It allows to define the way in which the added interaction files will be shown.
It allows to refresh the view of the File Manager.
5. Once you add the files you want to associate to the layer objects, click on the option “Object Files Viewer” to visualize them.
In the reference panel of the layer, a "pin" will appear to show that objects of that layer have interaction files.