In this panel you will find different options to modify the appearance of the objects of the active layer, create object groups, select fill, border, labels, etc.
If you're using unique classes, this is how the tab will look like.
And if you're using different symbologies per class, it will look like this.
Create Object Classes
You can select if you want the to layer work as a unique class or with multiple classes.
When the layer works as Unique Class, all the objects have the same appearance: same fill color, same border color, etc.
The classes are groups of elements defined by a user-defined expression.
Once the classes are defined, it is possible to assign them an appearance (color, contour, labels, etc.) to visually distinguish them.
GeoAgro GIS can automatically generate the classes using the Wizard.
If there is numeric information, the software will take the minimum and maximum values and it divides them in equal parts, and assign them to ranges according to No. of Classes.
If there is alphanumeric information the system identifies the individual values and automatically generates the classes.
1. Click on the option Add new Class.
2. A new class will appear. Select it and assign a name to it in the Class Name column.
3. In the Filter column, define the attribute, condition and value using the wizard.
4. To add more classes, repeat the process.
Modify the the objects and classes appearance
Once you defined the classes, you can select them individually and modify their appearance with the Fill, Border and Layer tools.
Select the class that you want to modify.
In the Fill group you can select the styles and color to fill the objects.
1. Color: allows to select the fill color for the object.
2. Pattern: to select the texture of the fill: transparent (without fill), solid, striped, vertical lines, horizontal lines, etc.
If you click on [More Options] you can choose the style of the fill.
When the layer is lines, you can decide if you want it to be a line, a set of lines and dots, dots only, etc.
When the layer is points, you can choose their shape between square, circle, cross, etc.
When the layer is polygons, the option is not available.
In the Border group you can define the characteristics of the object contours.
1. Color: it allows to select the color of the border.
2. Size: it allows to select the thickness of the border line.
3. Pattern: it allows to choose the appearance of the border line, dots only, dashed, etc.
If you click on [More Options] you will see the same options as for the fill panel, and you can select the style of the border.
In the Label group you can select the attributes of the layer structure that will be show in the map, above the objects.
1. Attribute: select the attribute of the associated structure that you want to show.
2. Font: select the font, font size and color for the label.
If you click on Apply these parameters to all the classes, these characteristics will the copied to all the existing classes.
If you click on More options, you can select more options for the layers.
1. Position: choose the position of the layer in relation to the object.
2. Separator: select the separator in case you select to show two or more attributes.
3. Duplicates: there are labels that are repeated for two or more objects. If you check this option, you will see one label per object, otherwise just one label will be shown for those objects.
4. Overlap: it allows to overlap the labels.
5. Angle: select the angle of the text.
Export and import of symbology configuration files
You can export the symbology of a layer for later use in other layers. Once the configuration of symbols is finished (and saved the changes) you can export it to a configuration file by clicking on the Export symbology button located at the bottom-left of the symbology tab.
Then a window opens asking if where you want to save the .sim file