Management zones definition in Precision farming cycle
In this step, management zones are defined, to implement site specific management recommendations.
- Productivity maps by fields
The management zones definition process is carried out by the farm managers and agronomists, using different strategies and tools. These can be set up in different ways and carried out in different order, according to local context and protocols. Among the main tools and resources that can be used are the following:
- Field visits: Comprises reviewing productivity maps in the field, in order to verify correlation with field situation, site specific issues, and determine causes to address them.
- Creating management zones based on productivity maps, by joining two or more productivity areas into single management zones
- Implement soil/leaf sampling strategies, including directed sampling, grid sampling, composite sampling by zones.
- Characterizing zones based on field observations and soil lab results
The result of the process are
- Defined Management zones
- Field visit records
- Sampling points / lab results
These layers of information can be uploaded to 360 to share them with the farmer and team, and l
|Protocol for implementing the Precision Farming cycle|