Using GPS devices not compatible with NMEA
When you try to import points from GPS devices to GeoAgro GIS, using a device not compatible with the NMEA protocol, the program will not recognize a connected device.
Usually these are devices which are connected to the computer through a USB cable and are shown as a Mass storage device where one or more files are displayed.
To import points into GeoAgro GIS additional software it's needed to convert the points to a compatible format:
- Download and install GPS Babel from this link
- Once installed, in the main program window, you may select the data input and output
- For input, you can select the file type of your GPS device, in this example, the file type Magellan - eXplorist was selected.
- For output you can select Comma separated values.
- Finally, you can import the output file in GeoAgro GIS using the tool Import text file.
This FAQ shows: how a text file with GPS coordinates can be imported
- GPS models supported by GeoAgro GIS
- I can't connect my Garmin Nuvi or my gps-enabled mobile phone to GeoAgro GIS
GPS Oregon Colorado USB eXplorist Magellan GPX
GeoAgro GIS ALL Versions.
Problem type (GAGIS feature, Bug, Procedure)
There are three types of Troubleshooting guides: Feature for missing functionality, Bug for erroneous behavior and Procedure for procedural solving. In this case it corresponds to: