Validation of georeferencing in Precision farming cycle
The first step to implement the Precision Farming Cycle is to upload your farm layout to Farm 360.
This layout can be generated from different sources, such as on-screen digitizing, locating vertexes with GPS of different accuracies, or importing available farm/field boundaries (e.g.: shapefiles or kml formats).
The accuracy of Farm/Field boundaries is checked by GeoAgro's Services team, comparing it with different aerial/satellite imagery sources. If more accurate georeferencing may be required, additional data will be requested to the farm point of contact.
- Farms and fields uploaded to 360
- GeoAgro data Services staff reviews farm data uploaded and compares it to other data sources (satellite imagery, google maps, other data sources), and evaluates if there are any discrepancies
- In case it's needed, it requests further data . Some of the possible data types that may be requested when further information needed are:
- GPS corner points: points must be taken following these tips.
- Yield files
- Shapefiles or .kml/.kmz
- GeoAgro Services will use this data to correct farm and field polygons, which will be used as a reference for all subsequent stages.
Adjusted farm/field/crop boundaries in Farm 360
|Protocol for implementing the Precision Farming cycle|